Your Road to Online Sales With Gumroad
There are plenty of ways to start your business online. If you have a knack for writing, making music, drawing, designers, or any other creator, this post can help you make money online. Gumroad enables you to sell directly to your audience using your website, mailing list, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and SoundCloud. Gumroad is can be used in over 160 countries, making this a universal opportunity for you and your business.
How do you get paid?
Getting paid is easy with PayPal, Zengin, and Direct Deposit and you are paid every other Friday for all sales up until the previous Friday. The minimum payout if $10 if you are using PayPal and Direct Deposit. Zengin requires a $100 minimum balance. The processing fees are 5%+$0.25 per transaction. If you sale a $5 eBook, you’ll make $4.50. There are no monthly, hosting, or setup fees.
Let’s be ambitious for a moment with your selling goals:
Benefits to using Gumroad to sell your physical and digital products:
- Receive analytical data about where your sells are coming from
- Accept pre-orders for a product before it is released
- Create subscriptions if you have a stream of content (i.e. a book being released chapter-by-chapter)
- Adding shipping and tax (if applicable)
- Sending invoices and tracking information to your customers
How to get started with your first product:
- Create an account (Facebook, Twitter, Email) *Note: You must be at least 18 years old
- Give your product a good, descriptive name so that your customers have an idea what they are getting.
- Upload your product. If you have a collection of files, make sure they are together in one zip file.
- Pick a price for your product. Products can range from $0-$1,000. You even have the option to let your customers decide how much to pay for the item. The pay-what-you-want model can give you insight on what to charge for future items that are similar in nature.
- Describe your product with specific details and why you decided to create the product.
- Add your cover image, video, or audio file of what you are selling.
- Publish! Your product is now available to your audience.