Work at Home Solution: oDesk
In my recent quest to find solutions to make extra money from home, I’ve run across alot of options. I’ll be sharing these options every Monday, so make sure you check back for new solutions.
oDesk is a freelance workplace that allows you to bid on jobs. It connects contractors with business around the world. They have been recognized the #1 place to earn money for contract work.
Work at home requirements:
Fast, reliable internet connection
Dedicated email account
How to get started:
1. Sign up (Free registration)
2. Create your profile (This is like your résumé, so take your time and include everything that can get you ahead of the competition)
3. Set your payment option (U.S. residents-1099 tax form will need to be completed)
4. There is a readiness test that you must complete before you can start bidding on jobs. The readiness test is an overview on the rules of oDesk.
- Make sure that you complete your profile to 100%. This may take a couple of days, but this is very important.
- Your profile picture, should be a professional type of picture.
- Your rate should accurately reflect your skills. If you don’t know what to ask for, check other profiles with similar skill sets.
- Take some oDesk skills tests, Brainbench certification tests, or any other certification test that can validate your skills.
- If you have an online portfolio, you should include it with your profile.
Hopefully this overview will get you on your way. Happy job searching!