Do Customer Service From Home Using Convergys
In the 21st century, more people are looking for ways to work from home to try and find a work-life balance. Today’s work at home solution is for individuals that have a background in the customer service, sales, and technical support.
Convergys is the global leader is providing customer service solutions for companies throughout the world. They specialize in connecting customer service reps, sales reps, and technical support reps with work at home options. They hire home agents in the lower 48 states (all except Alaska and Hawaii).
In 2012 they garnered several awards such as “Best Outsourced Provider”, “Business Processing Outsourcing Employer of the Year”, and “Service Winner Outsourcing”.
Home Agent Requirements:
- A home office environment that is quiet and free from distraction.
- A PC that has been manufactured less than six years ago
- High speed Internet access (DSL or Cable only).
- An Internet Service Provider that Supplies 2 or more IP addresses OR an Internet Service Provider that supplies 1 IP address and is connected to a router.
- Employees working as Remote Agents are required to have and maintain one (1) dedicated internet connection. Note: Popular gaming systems, Smartphones, and any portable device that may use wireless connections within the home must be turned off prior to and during scheduled shift hours.
- An approved analog headset.
- A telephone* with a mute button to be utilized during training, team meetings, and individual coaching and technical support sessions.
- Power Bar/Surge Protector
What to expect while working for Convergys:
Even though you will be working from home, you are still expected to adhere to company policies.
- There is no fee to apply to be a home agent
- Starting pay is $9.00/hr for both customer service and sales reps, and you will receive a full benefits package, even if you work part-time
- Sales reps also have an incentive program that allow them to earn extra income
- Full time agents work 8 to 8.5 hour shifts and part-time agents work 4 to 6 hour shifts. Your shifts will be assigned to you based on morning, night, and a split shift. You will have the flexibility to be hired into a particular window of time you are looking to work.
- You must be computer savvy and comfortable navigating between multiple systems on the computer.
How to get started with employment:
- Start your job search at http://careers.convergysworkathome.com
- Once you find a position to apply for, create your Convergys account
- Complete and submit your application
- Test your computer system (there will be an email sent to you with a link)
- Take a behavioral and technical assessment test which will include call center inbound sales skills, PC skills and comprehension, and a 1-minute timed typing test.
- Schedule a phone screening
- Final phone interview
If an offer is extended, you will need to purchase an approved analog headset and flash drive.
If you are ready to ditch the commute, then head over to Convergys and begin your career search.